Color Impacts The Look And Feel Of Every Room In A Home
At Home with Color
Color impacts the look and feel of every room in a home. When buying carpet, once a style has been chosen, color is another important consideration. With so many carpet color options available, how do you determine what color will be the best choice for your home and lifestyle?
Keeping some basic questions in mind will help you select a carpet color that both complements the décor in your room and is appropriate for the intended use of the room.
Questions to Consider
- What are the traffic patterns in the room and how will the room be used? A heavily used room is probably not the best place to install a white carpet! Medium and dark colors are best for high traffic areas.
- Is there direct access from outside? If the carpet will be exposed to wet and muddy shoes, darker colors will be much more practical than lighter ones.
- What is the size of the room? Lighter colors will make a smaller room feel more spacious while darker colors have the effect of making a larger room feel cozy and intimate.
- What are the lighting conditions in the room? Rooms with plenty of natural light will show the true color of the carpet while rooms without much natural light may need a lighter shade of carpet to keep them from appearing darker than they are.
- What mood do you wish to create in the room? Warmer colors tend to have an energizing effect while cooler colors create a sense of calm.
Other Tips to Keep in Mind
To select a range of colors that will match your existing décor, try to bring swatches of fabric from drapes and furniture, wallpaper samples or paint chips.
Neutral colors are a smart choice if you expect to frequently change the decorating scheme of the room or if you’re trying to incorporate a lot of existing furniture and other décor.
For more information about selecting carpet colors, contact ProSand today for a free consultation.
Get a Carpet Quote Today!
Lifetime Stretch Warranty