- Use a Bona floor sander starting with 100 grit sand paper usually, then sand again with a 120 grit sand paper.
- Be sure to sand the floor, ensuring the sander is constantly moving to prevent deep grooves.
- Next, clean the floor by vacuuming, then apply stain directly to the hardwood, and allow adequate time to dry.
- Apply a polyurethane or water based finish with a paint roller, cut edges with about a 3″ brush and let dry.
- Buff again using an orbital sander with a 180-200 screen disc, then vacuum again.
- Finally, apply a top coat and let dry.
Whether you’re building a new home or remodeling your existing home, flooring choices are crucial for creating a comfortable and efficient living...