The Many Benefits of Carpet
Nothing serves quite as well as the right carpet in rooms where you want the look and feel to be cozy and inviting. Quality carpets off a whole range of benefits many homeowners desire, including the following:
- Comfort: Carpeting softens the room and the space immediately underfoot.
- Interior Design: A carpet can help create a cohesive look, adding light or depth while also complementing paint colors and wall coverings, window treatments, and furniture.
- Aesthetics: Add warmth and character to a room with a wide range of colors and textures available in modern carpet selections.
- Energy Conservation: Quality carpeting helps retain warm air in the home.
- Noise Absorption: If you’ve ever been in a room that echoes, sounds can be harsh. Carpeting helps take the edge off harsh sounds.
- Endurance: A quality carpet properly maintained can last for many years.
- Protection: The cushioning effect of a carpet provides protection when falls occur in the home.
The unique benefits of carpet compared to other types of flooring (hardwood, engineered wood, laminate, vinyl, ceramic tile, and so on) are why carpeting remains one of the most popular flooring choices. However, the current trend is to only use it in specific rooms instead of it being most of the flooring throughout a home. The choice between carpeting and other flooring is primarily a matter of personal preference, taste, and sometimes health considerations such as severe allergies.
A Selection of Types of Carpet
Berber tufts are looped and aligned in rows (sometimes loosely, sometimes more tightly) for a clean, uniform look. Berber carpets are enormously popular because of their elegant look while also being longwearing, especially in smaller looped styles. Berber carpets can be vulnerable to snags and runs, so it’s not the best choice for homeowners with small children or a pet (or several).
CUT PILE BERBER
Cut pile isn’t technically Berber because it doesn’t contain loops, but it has a low plush appearance that is comparable while giving an overall multicolored appearance with its variegation or speckling. A light cut pile carpet with darker flecks incorporated will be the best at concealing wear and tear.
Known as the stylish workhorse of carpets, frieze reduces footprints and vacuum marks because it’s tightly twisted tufts wear extremely well. It’s a casual, popular choice for high traffic areas. It may be more expensive than plush carpets, but frieze carpets can last for a solid 15 years and even longer.
Saxony carpets feature a cut pile with a relatively dense, erect configuration of well-defined individual tuft tips that work well in traditional interiors, making it a great choice for a living room or dining room.
Sculptured carpets feature a mixture of high and low pile fibers arranged in a certain configuration or design. The tall fiber loops are cut while the shorter pieces remain looped.
Highly textured mix of high and low pile. Sculptured carpet can be found in a range of style and color options while the pattern designs make it a more artistic choice for those who want a more visually interesting and stylized carpet.
Still the most popular carpet style in homes today, plush is normally one solid color and has a smooth, even pile height. Plush is perfect for hiding footprints and vacuum marks, and when made from nylon is a very easy-to-clean carpet. By choosing a higher face weight (the number of ounces of fiber per square yard), you can extend the lifespan of the carpet.
Often, reducing footprint and vacuum marks.
Textured plush has the same sturdy characteristics as plush when it comes to reducing footprints and vacuum marks, but it has a more sculptured look and feel because it typically features more than one color and varying tuft heights. You won’t necessarily pay more for this style as it’s often comparable in price to even-pile plush.
A favorite of designers, makeover shows, and do-it-yourselfers, carpet tiles offer modular design, flexibility, and practicality. They allow you to put together high-impact visuals by mixing colors and textures. While most are square, shapes like hexagons and triangles are also possible. They are held in place with an adhesive. There are peel-and-stick carpet tiles as well as those that require applying a liquid adhesive to the subfloor before pressing each tile into place.
Quality Carpets Keeping Planet Earth in Mind
Warranties Matter for Carpet Flooring
A good warranty is a must when considering who to work with for new carpeting sales and installation. As the quality (and price) of a carpet goes up, so too should the warranty protection offered. Here are some of the typical carpet warranties:
- Quality Assurance or Wear Warranty: This is a standard kind of warranty that basically says the carpet isn’t going to suddenly fall apart on you. ProSand offers lifetime warranties on every carpet we install.
- Stain and Soil Warranty: This has to do with how well stains and soiling can be removed. Stains, come from spills, soiling is when residues left on the carpet from cleaning or standard wear attract dirt, lock it in, and looks like a stain. ProSand is proud to offer stain and soil warranties ranging from 10–25 years on our carpets.
- Stretch Warranty: Over time some wall-to-wall carpets will begin to exhibit ripples, wrinkles, and kinks. A skilled carpeting professional knows how to stretch carpets to fix the issue and extend the life of the carpet. ProSand is proud to offer a lifetime stretch warranty on all our carpet installations.
- Fade Resistance Warranty: Exposure to sunlight and air pollutants over time can cause carpeting to fade, and this warranty protects against that kind of fading.
Note that when carpeting is installed on stairs, it probably won’t be covered by any warranty because stairs are considered a special high-use case. Some but not many carpets include stairs in their warranty. The same lack of warranty also applies to installing carpets in kitchens and bathrooms.
ProSand Flooring: Your Trusted Carpet Experts In Indianapolis
As a family-owned and family-operated company with more than 30 years of experience treating customers right, ProSand Flooring has become one of the most trusted carpet sales and installation teams in central Indiana. We don’t limit ourselves to just one go-to brand of carpet product. There are several we find that meet the broadest range of customer needs, including Mohawk, Shaw, and Stainmaster. Each manufacturer offers a wide range of colors, styles, and pricing, along with 10–25 year stain and soil warranties. We’ll also guide you in deciding the amount and type of padding needed for a cost-effective carpet installation with your comfort in mind. We are also happy to offer eco-friendly carpets made from post-consumer recycled material that are LEED and CRI green label certified to reduce environmental impacts while also improving indoor air quality.
Purchasing your carpet, pad, and related products from ProSand always means carpet installation is FREE. Plus, every ProSand carpet installation comes with a lifetime stretch warranty. This means the ProSand install team will come to your home at no charge to re-stretch your carpet and remove wrinkles, gathers, or ripples to extend the carpet’s life. Ready to schedule a free consultation and receive a free quote? Don’t delay, contact us today!