Cleaning Your Hardwood Floor
Hardwood floors provide an elegant look to any home but need special care to maintain their beauty and increase their longevity. Using the proper methods for hardwood floor cleaning will help maintain the appearance and increase longevity of your floors.
By following these hardwood floor cleaning tips, you can help your hardwoods looking like new.
Hardwood Floor Cleaning Tips
Good cleaning is good maintenance. You can protect the investment you have in your hardwood floors and keep them looking their finest by:
- Wipe spills on a daily basis
- Sweep daily, using a soft-bristled broom or a vacuum with a bare-floor attachment
- Never use a steam cleaner since it can cause warping
- Maintain a weekly hardwood floor cleaning schedule and be sure to use a cleaner made specifically for your type of hardwood floor
- Don’t use water, as moisture can cause damage to the wood over time
It’s also very important to avoid using any of the following for hardwood floor cleaning:
- Silicone, ammonia or undiluted vinegar – these can damage the wood’s finish
- Oil soaps and liquid or paste wax – they will leave a residue
- Products that contain citrus or lemon – the acidity can erode the wood’s finish
The fact is, hardwood floors are sturdy buy still susceptible to damage. The extra effort it takes to care for them is well worth it and you’ll be pleased with the long-lasting style and durability that results from it.
For more information about hardwood floor cleaning, contact ProSand for a free consultation.